Civilization of Persia, India, China, Japan and Korea; Development of political, economic, social, and cultural thinking; The dawn of Eastern philosophy; Epoch of changes through western civilization and its influence on social systems and philosophy of the East, and Eastern civilization’s adaptation towards globalization; The Impact of Islamic, Indian, and Chinese civilizations on other Far East countries.
A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO CIVILIZATION
East Asia Time Map – A Survey of Nation States
POSTER PROJECTS AND PRESENTATIONS – ARCHAEOLOGISTS AND FIELDWORK IN EAST ASIA
PROJECT TYPE – ACADEMIC POSTER
Develop an academic poster using PowerPoint or other software which can incorporate text boxes, maps, tables and images.
PROJECT THEME – ARCHAEOLOGY IN EAST ASIA
Choose an archaeologist with deep experience in East Asia and discuss his or her personal and education background leading to their fieldwork. Emphasize the archaeological site or group of sites where s/he conducted fieldwork and research.
Note: Archaeology is the study of the ancient and recent human past, cultures, and civilizations through material remains and may include Cultural Resource Management (CRM) concerning the measures related to handling recovered materials.
POSTER SIZE – INTERNATIONAL A3
Set slide dimensions for international A3, portrait or landscape (297 x 420 mm) (11.7 x 16.5 in)
Treasure Buried in the Sands – Century-old Adventure Diaries – Marc Aurel Stein
I first traveled the Chinese Silk Road in 1995 (Xian to Kashgar) and again in 2001 (Beijing, China to Delhi, India).
Photo Albums of these and other travels in China are available on my Website Facebook Photo Albums page.
CCTV Documentary Series – Xuan Zang's Pilgrimage
In 2016, China's CCTV produced "Xuanzang's Pilgrimage", a documentary series on Xuan Zang's travels on the Silk Road. Narrated in English, the 12 segments are posted in 6 videos on YouTube. Runtime of each video is approximately 48 minuets.
Xuan Zang (1-2)
Xuan Zang (3-4)
Xuan Zang (5-6)
Xuan Zang (7-8)
Xuan Zang (9-10)
Xuan Zang (11-12)
2016 Biographical Drama – Da Tang Xuan Zang
The 2016 Mandarin language historical drama “Da Tang Xuan Zang” is based on the life and travels of Xuan Zang during the Tang Dynasty. The film maps the young monk’s travels to India and quest for Buddhist teachings, featuring some of the challenges and struggles he faced.
Xuan Zang 2016 Historical Drama (Trailer)
INTRODUCTION TO CHINESE PHILOSOPHY
Key chapter reviews by Dr Steven A Martin
- Chapter 2—The Humanism of Confucius
- Chapter 4—Moral and Social Programs: The Great Learning
- Chapter 5—Spiritual Dimensions: The Doctrine of The Mean
- Chapter 8—The Mystical Way of Chuang Tzu
- Chapter 12—Legalism
- Chapter 13—The Philosophy of Change
- Chapter 26—The Zen (Ch’an) School of Sudden Enlightenment
- Chapter 34—The Great Synthesis in Chu Hsi
2010 Biographical Drama – Confucius
Confucius Motion Picture – Full HD
THE GREAT WALL – SKATEBOARDING THROUGH TIME
TAI SHAN – THE SOUL OF CHINA
Cultural continuum on the North China Plain
- Da Wen Kuo archaeological site
- Tai Shan (Mount Tai)
- Duke of Zhou
UNESCO – NHK
GB Times – Tai Shan
TAIWAN – WINDOW TO HISTORY
In recent years, the Taiwan (ROC) - China (PRC) relationship plays out on the geopolitical stage. However, Taiwan has its own rich history, which I have generally organized into six sections.
- Early indigenous Austronesian-speaking peoples inhabited the island for an estimated 5,000 years.
- Dutch, Spanish, French, British, and other cultures prior to Chinese colonization of the Taiwan.
- A loosely administered territory of China during the Qing Dynasty.
- The island's annexation by Japanese after the treaty of Shimonoseki in 1895.
- Post WWII period, as Taiwan became a stronghold for the Chinese Nationalist regime supported by the USA, and the economic miracle which catapulted the country into the 21st century.
- Democratic Taiwan, including the indigenous rights movement.